cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee DLP 11.2 EPO Extension Issue

Jump to solution
I recently removed DLP 10 evaluation product and installed the DLP 11.2 on my EPO, but I found that I'm not able to do any configuration on the server due to an error - "The extension to manage this product is not currently installed but the Policy and ClientTask Settings have been preserved. You can visit the "Policy and Task Retention" server setting to change this behavior." I can confirmed that the extension has been successfully installed. How to get rid of this issue? Thanks.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee DLP_RS
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee DLP 11.2 EPO Extension Issue

Jump to solution

As per the functionality--

When a management extension for a product is removed: Remove policy and client task data

Note: While these settings are active, you may be able to view the retained policy and task names but these objects will not be editable and may not function properly until a suitable management extension is installed.

Please go-ahead and edit the settings under ePO-->Menu-->Server settings-->Policy and Task Retention. Edit the option-- and select 'Remove policy and client task data'.

Now remove the existing DLP extension and then re-install it. Apparantly it seems that there is some corruption while installing or removing the previous extensions.

However if you have any important policies, make sure to take the backup before performing any further extension removal or reinstall.

Policy and Task Retention When a management extension for a product is removed: Keep policy and client task data 
 Remove policy and client task data
Note: While these settings are active, you may be able to view the retained policy and task names but these objects will not be editable and may not function properly until a suitable management extension is installed.
2 Replies
McAfee Employee DLP_RS
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

As per the functionality--

When a management extension for a product is removed: Remove policy and client task data

Please go-ahead and edit the settings under ePO-->Menu-->Server settings-->Policy and Task Retention. Edit the option-- and select 'Remove policy and client task data'.

Now remove the existing DLP extension and then re-install it. Apparantly it seems that there is some corruption while installing or removing the previous extensions.

However if you have any important policies, make sure to take the backup before performing any further extension removal or reinstall.

Policy and Task Retention When a management extension for a product is removed: Keep policy and client task data 
 Remove policy and client task data

Jump to solution
Thank you. It's now working on my ePO.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator