cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mycheladam
Level 7

Manual uninstallation of HDLP 9.0

How can I manually uninstall HDLP 9.0.

We are having a problem where fcagte.exe and fcag.exe do not start. I think the installation is corrupted. When I uninstall it from the ePO it says "error in uninstalling DATALOSS2000" and the uninstallation fails.When I tried to rip off the registry I can not delete it also. The error is  "Cannot delete DLP: Error while deleting DLP". Even I manually execute fcag.exe and fcagte.exe they do not start up. Since the system tray icon does not show up I can not request for bypass uninstallation password.

Is there a way to uninstall it manually?

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Mychel

0 Kudos
16 Replies
vimalnavis
Level 13

Re: Manual uninstallation of HDLP 9.0

Did you try after restarting the computer?

I do not think you can uninstall HDLP manually.

Did you try to un-install HDLP using ePO / re-install using ePO?

0 Kudos
mycheladam
Level 7

Yeah, I tried rebooting it multiple times. I can not deploy it using ePO since it already has DLP 9.0. As I mentioned, I tried to uninstall it from ePO but I got the " Error occurred while uninstalling DLP2000"

I even tried mapping the Software from ePo server and force installing the installer. It didn't help either. fcag.exe and fcagte.exe don't start up.

I opened ticket to support. And let see if they will come up into something.

0 Kudos
CIPHENT.com
Level 11

You should see "uninstall' option for HDLP in add/remove program. You have to generate a challenge-response code to uninstall the same.

- AB

0 Kudos
CIPHENT.com
Level 11

Sorry I didn't see that you have already tried the option of generating un-install code....!!

- AB

0 Kudos
mycheladam
Level 7

Yes, I can not generate the bypass code since I can not see the Identification code (challenge code) from the system tray.

0 Kudos
CIPHENT.com
Level 11

I will suggest another option..!! Take the DLP exe or msi file and try to run it manually on the system. Look for what error it's throwing..!!

- AB

0 Kudos
mycheladam
Level 7

Yes, I done that. There is no error. Installation is successful and it asked for a reboot to complete the instalaltion. Unfortunately after bootup, fcag.exe and fcagte.exe do not still start up which lead me to the original problem. I did multiple reboots. I tried to run the executable to see if that will work but it does not.

0 Kudos
CIPHENT.com
Level 11

Do you have any antivirus or software blocking DLP processes? If it VSE - you can create exclusions for that.

- AB

0 Kudos
mycheladam
Level 7

No, there is none. I checked windows event logs and of course AP of VSE. I already created an SR. Support did a remote troubleshooting but they didn't come up with a possible reason. As usual process, MER analysis is requested. I'll update you for any progress.

0 Kudos