cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Remove Mcafee DLP Agent

We have some clinet have work issue, How do I remove Mcafee DLP 9.0 patch 1 agent by manual.

5 Replies

Re: Manual Remove Mcafee DLP Agent

HDLP may be uninstall via Windows Add/remove programs.  You may need code from your system adminstrator, though...

Regards,

Fichael

U tryed hard means

still u did't unable to uninstall the DLP ....

Kindly download the revo uninstaller for free....& try it....

it will remove sucessfully .....

regards,

krish.....

fyi,

manually it will not remove without the code.....

try it as per the above instruction.....

regards,

krish....

Manual removal of Host DLP Endpoint solution can be done if the 'Show challenge-response on uninstall' options is Disabled - by default it is Enabled.

**** Warning: this should only be done if you're removing the product from the entire environment because this protection feature exists to keep users from bypassing the DLP controls by simply removing the product.

To change this:

ePO | Menu | Data Protection | DLP Policy | Agent Configuration | Advanced Configuration

Check the 'Show challenge-response on uninstall' check box, and then select 'Disabled' to the right

Apply this policy and wake-up the the agents.

The DLP product can now be removed using Add/Remove Programs, or other method of your choice.

Message was edited by: cburkett on 10/4/11 3:02:40 PM CDT
Highlighted
a2wa2
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

I deploy dlp from epo in one of my systems mistakely, and also after installing dlp I run the uninstall task to remove it. but my system does not show to have dlp in uninstall program feature and I can not find it to uninstall it.

in my epo it does not show to have dlp in that system!! but when I start this computer it gives me alarm that one or more Mcafee product were install and require the system restart!!!how to solve this problem???and remove it completely?dlp.PNGdlp2.PNG

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community