Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Making a demo without AD

I was installing the epo console and deployed the agent to one system (wich one was connected by wire to the server), after that, I've configured the DLP console and deployed the agents, so, when i tried to create a rule for the opcion was in gray, so I couldn't deploy anything, I was missing something or always need an AD.

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Making a demo without AD

Check whether you have the correct license applied.

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 3 of 6

I tried with device control, that's come by default, I made a demo over an AD before, and the options was available (definition and rule), now I can create the definition, but when I configure the rule, in the part of the clients assignment all options are in gray.

Highlighted

Can you share a screenshot? You duplicated the default Computer Assignment Group and assigning the rule(s) to the new one right?

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 5 of 6

As I said, I got this only system managed, connected directly to McAfee ePO server (one on one connection), the agent was deployed manually, and after it was reported to the server I deployed de DLP agent automaticaly from the server

1.jpg

I can create the deffnition

2.jpg

The Rule

3.jpg

4.jpg

And here's where I hang

5.jpg

Makes sense now. What you are seeing is as expected.

Since you do not have AD, you cannot use User Assignment Group, but instead would use Computer Assignment Group under ePO->Menu->Policy->PolicyCatalog to assign the rule to either "Logged-on user" or "Local user".

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community