Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marvin14
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

MVISION Endpoint DLP does not block uploading files with Microsoft Teams

Hi

I want to protect some XLSX files with MVISION Endpoint DLP 11.6.100.332 restricting upload for those files in MS Teams Desktop, but It does work.

I have a DLP Policy assigned to rule sets one for Application File Access Protection and other one for Clipboard Protection, both applying to classification (files already registered and creating package) and blocking action, teams.exe is the application file.

any ideas how to achive this?

1 Reply
Marvin14
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: MVISION Endpoint DLP does not block uploading files with Microsoft Teams

Hi guys for those who have been experiencing this MFE Endpoing DLP behavior I have some addiontal information.

We detect that DLP only block upload files to MS Teams, if that file was not previously uploaded before applying policy. If that file is inside Teams DLP will allow to upload it. but if you rename  the file will be blocked.

Another problem I am facing is after applying dlp policy, although new files are blocked if you exit teams or restart computer MS Teams will not start displaying the following dlp message "Sensitive content was found in file icudtl.dat the clipboard was blocked"

If you have any ideas I appreciate your help.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community