Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MCP Helpdesk: "Failed to generate the selected key:" for DLP

EPO 5.9.0 9 (Build 732)

DLP 11.0 Hot Fix 2 (11.0.2.32)

Hi Folks,

We have been having issues with the MCP Help Desk module (previously known as Help Desk i guess) where it will not generate the unlock keys for the DLP. So far we tried generating it using the password from the policy, entering password manually, using master password wiht no luck. As soon as you click "Generate Key" you get pop up saying "Failed to generate the selected key:"

I looked on the forums but all the posts are really old and are about Help Desk module not this new one. Also looked at the KBs with no luck, the most recent one I found is https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85441&snspd-0915

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this? Where the logs are as I dont even know what the problem is right now.

2018-01-25_9-14-34.png

Thank you

5 Replies
McAfee Employee jhall2
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: MCP Helpdesk: "Failed to generate the selected key:" for DLP

Typically we use the Policy option rather than the password. This would be unique to the system as each system can have a different policy so care should be taken to verify the policy currently being enforced on the system prior to selecting the policy and generating the response code.

I have had this issue as well. If you use the DLP Help Desk extension, i.e. under the DLP Menu rather than the MCP Help Desk extension the Client Bypass Keys will work as expected.

I am on DLP 11 patch 3 -- with a few in test for patch 5. (ePO 5.9.0 - 732)

I am getting the same problem as the Original Poster. it doesn't seem to matter where i load the DLP helpdesk from, it still happens. has anyone had luck getting this to work properly?

SCtbe
Level 12
Message 5 of 6

I suggest to verify policy name and its version applied on end machine (DLP Console about section) at the moment of generation client code. Then enter them accordingly in ePO Help Desk console.

McAfee Employee nyeshoda
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

This happens when the correct policy and its revison number is not enforced to endpoint. Please confirm from the endpoint that exact same policy is applied and revison numebr is also same.

Policy is "Test" and reviion is "1". confirm if the this policy is applied on to endpoint from the DLp console in the endpoint.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.