cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location-Based Tagging

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can I block files being sent internally to shared file servers by looking for a text pattern in the files?

Is this possible through Location Tagging? The product guide mentions "Simple location-based tagging rules monitor orblock all files in the specified location"

I have DLP v9.2

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Location-Based Tagging

Jump to solution

File System Protection Rule (used for monitoring traffic to network shares) does not support Blocking.

I cannot think of a way to block file transfer to network shares.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

You would need a content based tag if you are looking for particular content. Once you have the files tagged, you can apply restrictions on what can/can't be done with them.

Jump to solution

Thanks,

So I can make a content category consisting of a text pattern correct?

You mentioned that "once I have the files tagged". Does that mean a DLP Discover has to be run using that content tag I previously created in order to get all the files tagged?

Is there a way to block files from being transferred internally using a content category? So that the files are checked when the transfer occurs between network drives and then files are blocked from being sent?

Jump to solution

File System Protection Rule (used for monitoring traffic to network shares) does not support Blocking.

I cannot think of a way to block file transfer to network shares.

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot vimalnavis, that answers my question perfectly.

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.