cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boyd2671
Level 7

Is McAfee making Outlook 2007 in plain text only?

Greetings,

My problem is simple, and hopefully the solution is, too.

I am using MS Outlook 2007. Every email I receive is displayed in plain text. I can view the emails in HTML if I change them manually, however I would rather receive and view them in HTML if they are sent that way.

In Tools -> Trust Center -> E-mail Security, the options in Read as Plain Text are greyed out; I cannot modify them. I have been all over MS's forums and deep into Outlook itself with no success.

Is McAfee blocking me from making this change? How can I disable whatever setting is currently activated?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Is McAfee making Outlook 2007 in plain text only?

I moved this thread because it can't have anything to do with  SiteAdvisor.  Are you logged in as the Administrator?  Is the machine  part of a domain where maybe there is a Group Policy in effect?

The only part of McAfee that I can think of is the  Firewall Permissions - make sure Outlook and any extensions has full  permission in Web and Email Security > Firewall >  Internet  Connections for Programs

Otherwise maybe the best approach would be Technical Support, it's free of charge and linked Useful Links at the top of this page.

0 Kudos
boyd2671
Level 7

Thanks for moving the thread; my apologies for the wrong location.

I am logged in as an Administrator. While it's possible there could be a Group Policy in effect, not many people in my workspace are experiencing the same problem.

I took a look at my firewall settings. The settings are being managed by McAfee Host Intrustion Prevention Firewall. After a cursory search, I cannot locate where to change or view these settings.

Thanks for your help so far.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Oh dear I think we are in the wrong section altogether.  I think you must be using Enterprise software, any idea of the McAfee software by name?  Perhaps listed in the Start Menu or perhaps Control Panel > Programs?

0 Kudos
boyd2671
Level 7

McAfee Agent

McAfee Asset Baseline Monitor Agent

McAfee DLP Endpoint

McAfee Policy Auditor Agent

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

OK, I have moved this provisonally from Home to Busines > Data Loss Prevention (DLP) for better support but if anyone thinks of a better spot I will move it again.   I'll continue to monitor just in case.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Best thing to do is start by talking to your company IT department - it may be something they deliberately have set for you. And, if it's a condition they have imposed on HIPS or one of the McAfee products, you are going to need their assistance to change it anyway.

0 Kudos