cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Integrating McAfee DLP Prevent with Sonicwall Email Security

Hello Everybody,

Please, answer me is it possible to integrate Sonicwall MTA with McAfee DLP Prevent? If yes how to do it?

Where I can get more information about supporting MTA appliances by McAfee DLP Prevent?

Many thanks!

1 Reply

Re: Integrating McAfee DLP Prevent with Sonicwall Email Security

It is possible to integrate any MTA with DLP Prevent.  Prevent simply acts as another SMTP mail relay. I am not familiar with the SonicWall products, but simply tell it to route the mail to Prevent, and configure SonicWall as the smary host on Prevent.  When the message is returned to SonicWall, there should be rules to look at the headers and implement whichever action was set on the message.

You can see some details on example mail flow, Prevent configuration, and MEG configuration here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71951.  You should be able to adapt the MEG configuration to something that will work on SonicWall.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community