cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Incidents show classification hits with evidence, but no match count(hits)

Has anyone noticed this issue at all? A incident will be created for meeting a classification, save a evidence file, but will have no match count.

I've downloaded some of the evidence files (usually .txt or .tmp) and tested them using the hdlp diagnostics tool and it doesn't show any hits for classification. I'm guessing a support ticket will have to be created, but thought I'd try my luck here to see if this is a common issue.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Incidents show classification hits with evidence, but no match count(hits)

Depends what type of classification you are using. From reading between the lines you're expecting a contentt based match which yields text match count.
If you have other types such as matching file extension then you'll have evidence count etc but no match count since the trigger is not a text match.

Dont know if that applies to your rules but thought it may be helpful.

thanks

_Chris.

Highlighted

Did anyone solve this issue?

Highlighted

We have the same problem. Classification is triggered with evidence but no match count. The classification is based on two keywords “confidential” and “secret” and that’s all, no tagging, manual classification or registered documents.

When incident is triggered evidence is there,zero match count, there is no keyword in evidence (document) and still under classification in brackets is word “(tag)”.

apperantly something is wrong… any idea?

Highlighted

Has this been solved as i am experiencingthe same issue currently.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community