cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mehraak
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Import CSV error, couldnt load file or assembly, How to resolve this problem ?

Importing incidence parameter of USB in DLP device Block policy having following error :-

Import CSV error, couldnt load file or assembly, How to resolve this problem ?

5 Replies
rphalen
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Import CSV error, couldnt load file or assembly, How to resolve this problem ?

What version of DLPe and excel are you using?

mehraak
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Re: Import CSV error, couldnt load file or assembly, How to resolve this problem ?

I am using DLP 9.3.

bphang
Level 10
Message 4 of 6

Looks like maybe there is some illegal chars in your CSV file.

Best to open a case with support for checking.

palex
Level 11
Message 5 of 6

Hi, mehraak!

I had a similar problem when I did the CSV file in Microsoft Word. I work when I do in Notepad ++.

If you want to download a copy of the device from the panel of incidents, you can do the following:

1. DLP Incident Manager - go to you incident - Actions - Export Device Incident Parameters - and save file into you computer.

2. DLP Policy - Device Management - Device Definition - right click to to field Device Definition (not link but an empty part of the field) - Import from file - and choose 1 of 3 categories what you need.

Some devices even when such copying determined incorrectly, so I recommend to test all removable devices. A situation may arise when you copy from DLP Incident Manager, but it will not load correctly DLP Policy.

Regards.

andy5340
Level 9
Message 6 of 6

I've not had success in importing multiple fields in 9.3 but did find something that works for instance ID alone.

Place a single text line at the top of your list. for instance:

blahblahblah

first real instance ID

second real instance ID

This works for me.

As for the return you have above, I agree with bphang. Clean up your fields. If you are trying a direct an import from a web-based document, your certificate is causing problems. Save locally and try again.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community