cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bamhaa
Level 7

How to use allowed usb for a specific machine only?

We have DLP 9.3 running fine blocking all USB and allowing only defined USBs. However, we are only want to use the allowed USB with specific machines not be allowed to all machines available in the network. Because now the allowed usb can be plug in any machine and it will work.

Is that possible to do with DLP 9.3?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tristan
Level 15

Re: How to use allowed usb for a specific machine only?

Depends..do you also use ePO to manage the machines?

If so apply a new 'Default Computers Assignment Group' to the computers (either by applying the policy to a new system tree group or applying it to single machines) excluding the assignment of the blocking policy.

0 Kudos
bamhaa
Level 7

Thanks Tristan,

Yes I do use ePO to manage the machines.

I did exactly what you have said but the machine still picking up the other device rule which blocks everything, even though the assigned policy of the machine on the system tree shows Allowed USB.

My policy catalog:

1. Block USB

2. Allow USB

0 Kudos
bphang
Level 10

First of all you might want to think how you separate the machines inside EPO.

If the machines are random, the only way to easily manage it is by creating a subgroup called "USB allowed" then drop the machines inside that EPO subgroup.

Then inside that subgroup, put assign a DLP policy that allow USB.

As with MFE DLP you can approach things in 2 ways.

1. User based Assignment Group

2. Computer based Assignment Group

For your purpose, CAG looks like the way to go.

0 Kudos
bamhaa
Level 7

Thanks bphang,

I did exactly as you have mentioned I have created a subgroup and add machines into it, but why the machine takes the both rules instead of just taking the rule which been assign to it. DLP.JPG

My Catalog shows as below

dlp2.JPG

0 Kudos
vimalnavis
Level 13

Create a rule that blocks/makes read-only the defined USBs.Use computer based assignment to assign this rule only to machines where you want the defined USBs blocked.

0 Kudos