I would like to know what are the options for resetting the ssh admin password for a DLP prevent that is managed by an ePO.
I ve already checked the mentioned KB, after a look at the below thread: https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Data-Loss-Prevention-DLP/How-to-reset-admin-user-password/m-p/455378
Please correct me if i am wrong, I think that this solution is applicable to Network DLP of earlier versions ( 9.3, 9.4 ) where the appliances were managed by the NDLP Manager and we had access to root accounts.
Now the manager is the ePO, running on windows, plus the root account is not available for the appliances.
I hope I ve cleared things up about the issue here.
In this case, you will need to
1. Go to the box and either plug in a bootable Flash drive or USB CD-rom drive with the DLP image software on it or (if the box has a built-in CD) insert the bootable CD and then reboot the appliance to that device.
2. When it boots, You should get the menu for the install image (keyboard and monitor required for this step; kvm would work).
3. Go to the reset admin password option.
4. Once this option is selected, the password will be set to the default password automatically.
5. You then will be able to login using the default password and change password to your desired password.
I hope this helps.