cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block copy of any encrypted file to removable media

Dear All,

I am testing some possibilities for securing use of Removable media and also organization's sensitive inormation.

In this testing I stuck on below issue on which I need help:

- Can we block any file which is excrypted from copying to USB? If yes then how can we do that?

- Can we limit size of file to be copied to USB?

3 Replies

Re: How to block copy of any encrypted file to removable media

Hi,

What i had tried before is to auto tagged those encrypted application softwares which generates out the files and use tagging rules to disable users to copy out into media devices.

Size limited not sure as it does not required on my side.

Hi Redukari,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried by adding Encryption softwares in Encryption Application under Application definitions and create Removable Protection Rule to block Encryption Application which block self extracted encrypted files created by Encryption Software but it did not block simple encrypted files.

Highlighted

Hi,

I think the tagging portion is missing out. I dont think just define the software will work.

Let break it down into simple troubleshooting.

1. Make sure your program is correct define in your Application Definitions. Example. Program File That Is Running. AxCrypt.exe

2. Make sure you had a tagging rules for the files generated out.

3. Ensure that all files generated out from the program is tagged by the tagged file rules.

All these must work before the device control rules to work.

Message was edited by: reduakari on 10/17/12 12:33:20 AM CDT
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.