Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pedro6
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

How to block USB-c (type C)

Jump to solution
Good afternoon, I already have the lock rules in place, and everything is operational, however the USB-C port is creating some doubts. I have a type-c adapter which has several inputs namely USB or SD card. By USB blocks, but if you put the sd card it lets you access. If you put the SD card directly in the machine without the adapter, the policy already locks. Can you tell if it is possible to block this type of entry? Best regards.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaganA McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Re: How to block USB-c (type C)

Jump to solution

@Pedro6 Thanks for your response.

A plug and play rule should take care of it. Refer to the following related videos.

USB Block All: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN6VRe0Gm9w&t=2s

Firstly, monitor by selecting "No Action" in Reaction tab then Block after ensuring the exact device (only) monitored.

Device control rule:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AI5UyeoeJ8&t=81s

If you still need assistance, create a service request with Support and may share the SR# here (If applicable).

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
If yes, click "Accept as Solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JaganA McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

@Pedro6 Thanks for choosing Support Community.

As far as I know, USB-C dual connection slot. I presume, Windows detects the device with different category when SD card is connected. You can double check this by looking into device manager.

OR

My Computer -> right click the SD card drive letter -> Properties -> Hardware -> Properties -> Details.

Once you have this details, adjust the DLP rule accordingly.

Please note, the device detection type / category may vary between Windows & Windows 10 OS.

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
If yes, click "Accept as Solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?
Highlighted
Pedro6
Level 8
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Good Morning, Thanks for the info.

In fact there is a change in the category, changing to Multiple Card Reader USB Device.

How can I block this ?

Best regards

JaganA McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

@Pedro6 Thanks for your response.

A plug and play rule should take care of it. Refer to the following related videos.

USB Block All: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN6VRe0Gm9w&t=2s

Firstly, monitor by selecting "No Action" in Reaction tab then Block after ensuring the exact device (only) monitored.

Device control rule:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AI5UyeoeJ8&t=81s

If you still need assistance, create a service request with Support and may share the SR# here (If applicable).

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community