cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Block websites in DLP??

Can somebody please tel me how to block certain websites like facebook, gmail, yahoo, video streaming sites... etc using McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.6.5... Please provide me the steps if availabe.

Note: I have installed DLP and managing in server sysstem. I want to block it in all endpionts/Agents.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: How to Block websites in DLP??

I'm fairly sure this is not a feature of the dlp product - you need a web gateway to control web access - http://www.mcafee.com/us/products/web-gateway.aspx

can we take control of Host file of the client system using DLP?

"Im using MFE Total Protection Data"

Message was edited by: anishjosevalsan on 5/16/13 1:03:54 AM CDT
0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

I'm sorry - I don't understand what you mean by "take control of host file" - what are you trying to achieve?

0 Kudos

Sorry..

Each pc has its own host file which is system32 folder. I have added certain websites in host file to blcok. All client user doesnt have administrator rights which means they cant install any softwares or modify any system files or programs & even Adminstrator account is strong password protected. But the main issue is even with strong security, some kinda user is able to edit host or change it to default. Is there any way to block this action?

Another same issue i am having is blocking istallation of softwares. The user can install softwares also.

(In both the case i know who is the user, but i cannot compaint management about this action without any proof or evidence)

Thanx..

on 5/20/13 5:37:38 AM CDT
0 Kudos

still waiting for reply...

0 Kudos