cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I block Apple Devices (iPhone) on ePO v4.5?

The Apple phone products do not show up as removable storage devices, so you will have to create a PnP device definition to block them. They are all USB Vendor ID 05AC as stated before, the product IDs are listed below:

12A0: iPhone 4s

1297: iPhone 4

1290: iPhone Original

1292: iPhone 3G

1294: iPhone 3Gs

129A: iPad

129F: iPad 2

HTC Androids (Vendor ID 0BB4):

0FFE, 0FF9, 0FF8, 0FFF, 0CA5, 0CA2, 0C9E, 0C97, 0C99, 0C94, 0C91, 0C8D, 0C87, 0C5F, 0C01

Motorola Androids (Vendor ID 22B8):

41D6, 41D9, 41DB, 41DE, 4285, 42B3, 42B4, 42B5, 42B6, 42B7, 42B8, 42B9, 7087, 4287, 42BA, 42A3, 2D67, 2D66, 4316, 42D6, 42F6, 2D78, 6426, 70C6, 42E0, 2D84, 708D, 708F, 7086

Motorola Androids (Vendor ID 0C44):

41D9

Samsung Androids (Vendor ID 04E8):

681D, 685B, 681C, 685E, 6860, 6877, 689E

Samsung Androids (Vendor ID 05C6):

btadmas, maybe do you have de vendor id for blackberry, nokia, lg, sony, sony ericson.

tks a lot!!!

tonyw
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 19

The installation guide of DLP recommends setting rules in monitor only mode in a generic configuration to gather information about your environment.  Using the events created by the monitored events, in this case plug and play events for usb devices, the VID/PID can be obtained for the specific devices you are trying to block.  You can then create your rule based off that criteria to block.

Not my website, but very very helpful in finding Vendor ID/Product IDs for various devices: http://www.linux-usb.org/usb-ids.html

Highlighted
JoeyMc
Level 10
Message 15 of 19

Can you not just create a rule that blocks imaging devices with Apple VID?

tonyw
Level 12
Message 16 of 19

As long as DLP can see the device on the machine as an imaging device with the correct VID/PID, then yes.

The monitor mode would allow you to gather this information in the DLP Monitor as an event and then export the device information thru a right click on the event.  Use the csv file to import into your device definition to create a rule that's based off what's seen by DLP to ensure the device is monitored/blocked correctly.

So I figured out the reason behind why the rule wasn't working when I had moade it correctly. Make this be a lesson to everyone, that when you create a new rule in DLP, that you ALSO must edit the policy of it that you want it applied to in the Policy Catalog or System Tree. Inside the Policy settings, you will see the new rule, but it will have both checkboxes (logged in user / local user). Make sure both of these are set, or however your system is configured. I checked both boxes, woke up the agents, and the rules now successfully work.

tonyw
Level 12
Message 18 of 19

Be advised that only applies if you are using computer assignment groups.

Hello everybody,

tell me please, somebody config access to smartphones with read only access?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community