cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host Data Loss Prevention 9.0 problem with Lotus Notes 8.5.1

Hi,

can you help me on this one? We are currently using HDLP 9.0 and so far, it is working as expected, but recently we tried to use it's email protection rule (our email client is Lotus Notes 8.5.1) but it doesn't work, we have followed every procedure indicated in the product guide and enabled the Lotus Notes handler as well. We have created a test environment to isolate the testing, here we used Outlook as email client and it is working properly. It seems that the email protection rules is working, but not for Lotus Notes client.

I have seen in the release notes that HDLP 9.0 supports Lotus Notes version 6.5 - 8.5, when we used version 7.0 in our testing, it still won't work. Is Lotus Notes really working on HDLP 9.0? please let me know if there are more configurations that needs to be done on enabling email protection rule for Lotus notes. Thanks!

Regards,

Renz

12 Replies

Re: Host Data Loss Prevention 9.0 problem with Lotus Notes 8.5.1

Hello,

Please help us on this one... Thanks...

Highlighted

It should work with lotus notes but a good idea to check with support ..!!

Can you see a DLP add-on/plug-in to your lotus notes mail client like one you can see for outlook? Are you using the right user assignment group?

- Amiya Bisoi

Hi Amiya,

thanks for the reply, how can i verify if the DLP add-on/plugin in lotus notes? will this addon/plugin installed together with the DLP agent when I deploy it? for outlook, I just deployed the DLP agent and enforced the policy and it worked.

A reploy would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

When you deploy DLP Agent on client side and enable the outlook/lotus notes handlers in agent policies from DLP Policy monitor , a plug-in is automatically added to those applications.

I don't remember it exactly but bring your outlook/lotus client and check either in option or tools section. Thanks.

- Amiya.

Hi Amiya,

I have the same problem, i have re-deployed DLP agent onto the machine several times already (with Lotus handler enabled) and i could not seem to find the plug-in existing in Lotus Notes. (please see attached screenshot - though i didn't include ALL of the plug-ins in the screenshot since its so many, i guarantee you that there is no DLP or Mcafee plug-ins installed)

Is there another plug-in? or patch that i need to install to enable e-mail rules in Lotus Notes 8.5.1?

Yes - Lotus notes still has a few pending issues and 9.1 might resolve those! Did you raise a support ticket with McAfee?

- Amiya

tresnel
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 13

Is your Lotues Notes installed in multi-user mode?  We have the same problem.  Apparently the current version of DLP does not work in multi-user mode installations of Lotus Notes.  I have been told that the new release, 9.1, which is supposed to be out at the end of the year will have this functionality.

Aurel
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 9 of 13

Hi,

Any news about this problem ?

I'm currently testing Host Data Loss Prevention 9 Patch 1. I also have an issue with Lotus Notes 8.5.1.

I've deployed a strategy which filters certain types of mails. When I try it by sending email that chould be filtered, I get a message from DLP agent that tells me that my mail isn't compliant, so it works. But, the problem is that it sends the mail, whereas non-compliant mails should be blocked, and to finish Lotus Notes crashes.

I noticed that Lotus Notes crashes even if I send a mail that shouldn't be blocked (and I don't get the message from DLP agent).

It works fine if I don't have email strategy.

Has anyone an idea ?

Best Regards,

Aurélien

Ce message a été modifié par: Aurel on 15/10/10 08:23:15 CDT

Did you raise a ticket with McAfee when you see this issue first?

- Amiya

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator