cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Host DLP on file sharing websites?

Jump to solution

We are currently running host DLP on all our workstations with the policy to monitor connecting of removable storage devices, and to monitor any file copies to and from those devices which is working for us.

Im coming under increasing pressure to give users access to sites such as google docs, office live, sky drive, yousendit, and so on.  Is there a way to block/monitor the copying of files to these sites in the same way as can be done for devices, if I can get it to a point where it can be monitored and logged using the McAfee DLP product we have now that would be ideal.

Any help or advice appreciated!

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
geek
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 7

Re: Host DLP on file sharing websites?

Jump to solution
6 Replies
geek
Level 10
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

web post protection rule. but supported only IE. I`ve tested on google docs and all works fine.

Jump to solution

Thanks geek, I thought that from reading the user manual but when I click Add New I only have the option to create a Removable Storage Protection Rule.

Do I need to configure something before I am able to create a Web based protection rule?

geek
Level 10
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Jump to solution

That looks familiar, I spotted the licence was out yesterday and put the new key in but Im betting I need to restart the server for it to take effect? Will try that this morning when I get into work and confirm back if its worked.

Thanks again!

Jump to solution

I just followed the link from that link and it looks like the licence Ive been given to use is only for device control and not the full DLP, so I'll need to get that sorted with our account manager

Jump to solution

Yeah,device control is a single moudle.If you have a DLP licsence,you can active the rest function.

And, if you want to protect All the document on the network,you must use mulitple rules to solve it.

eg:

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/34474?tstart=0

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.