cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mega666
Level 7

Help please

I'm sorry to bother and I don't even know if this thread should be here but, I was just hired at a company to be the computer manager and there's a computer that has DLP, can anyone help me out? I don't even know how to open the DLP Manager or anything and I need to unblock the computer for file transfering and the old Admin doesn't work here anymore, any help would be appreaciated.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
jkbharrison
Level 7

Re: Help please

You've confirmed it's McAfee DLP? Under ePO navigate to Menu - Data Protection - DLP Policy/Monitor to do admin work. If you want to remove the software verify it's in your Master Repository then create a client task to remove.

0 Kudos
mega666
Level 7

It says "McAfee DLP (Active Mode) so I'm guessing it is and what's ePO? Sorry to be so clueless, I had never seen this software before...

0 Kudos
jkbharrison
Level 7

ePO = ePolicy Orchestrator which is McAfee's centralized management software. I hope you have that!

0 Kudos
mega666
Level 7

I've been trying to find it, I googled what it meant but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the computer, I think there's only DLP Agent Service, McShield, SiteAdvisor Enterprise Service and Task Manager.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

mega666 wrote:

I've been trying to find it, I googled what it meant but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the computer, I think there's only DLP Agent Service, McShield, SiteAdvisor Enterprise Service and Task Manager.

EPO is a central system running on a server somewhere - it controls and manages all the McAfee products. Without that you are without paddle so to speak.

You can't control DLP or do anything with it without going through EPO so you have to find that first, and the credentials for it.

To save time you might want to consider getting some professional help from your McAfee reseller - it sounds like you got dropped in the deep end.

0 Kudos
mega666
Level 7

Hahaha, yeah, in the deep end and without floaters... Alright, I'll check the Servers for it and call McAfee if I can't find anything, thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
mega666
Level 7

Is there a way to back track the ePO?

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

You should be able to find "sitelist.xml" in the McAfee agent folder on the client machine - that may point you in the right direction.

0 Kudos
mega666
Level 7

I only found fcagirm and fcagteirm as .xml files in the McAfee Agent folder =/

0 Kudos