Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kumail
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

Hack DLP Agent

Dear All,

I found one way to stop DLP Agent without Administrator Permission.

I challenge Support team but I can't write here in the website because it is special for me ...E-mail: jeep219 AT hotmail DOT com

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit to unlink email address for your protection on 26/12/10 9:40:21 EST AM
11 Replies

Re: Hack DLP Agent

Hello Kumail,

Are you sure that you don't need any administrative privilige to shut it down ?

BR,

Mostafa

Kumail
Level 7
Message 3 of 12

Hi Mostafa,

yes I try by normal user and I can use USB.

Hi Kumail,

Maybe the policies wasn't deployed into the windows machine ?

BR,

Mostafa Soliman

Kumail
Level 7
Message 5 of 12

I should teach to you in chat or in e-mail how to use windows and DLP NOT WORK. or if you want here?  up to you

after that, tell me if I can edit some policies. because  I am working as technical support/

Highlighted

What OS were you using when you discovered this "hack"?

Kumail
Level 7
Message 7 of 12

Windows Vista

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 12

I should teach to you in chat or in e-mail how to use windows and DLP NOT WORK. or if you want here?  up to you

after that, tell me if I can edit some policies. because  I am working as technical support/

Why don't you practice Responsible Disclosure and give us a chance to evaluate and mitigate whatever you've found? Feel free to email me with details and we'll work out a plan.

Spreading this kind of stuff around helps noone, in fact as most visitors here are system/security admins, you're actually not helping at all by distributing this information.

Raja
Level 9
Message 9 of 12

I know the hack.  It was discovered on DLP 2.2. and is still an issue in current versions  It's being looked at.

No self-protection scheme is perfect.  If you try hard enough anything can be hacked.

Hi there,

If the vulnerabilities are public, companies would take a bit more interest in fixing it. if it's "responsible disclosure", I've seen many companies not returning the favor and taking their own sweet time to fix it.

regards,

1ndian

Message was edited by: easy1ndian to remove wrong information on 13/1/11 4:40:03 PM GST
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community