cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDLP with Chrome ?

Hello all,

I've got a number of Web Post protection rules that trigger on Information Classification labels and document content when using Internet Explorer,

however they do not work with Chrome.

I've also attempted to set up an Application File Access Protection rule with Original Executable Name = Chrome.exe and Product Name = Chrome and set it with the same options as my Web Post protection rule but this does not work. We are running DLP Endpoint 9.3.425

Is there anything else I should do?

Advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Hugh

6 Replies
McAfee Employee jhall2
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: HDLP with Chrome ?

Webpost protection rules utilize a browser plugin. Currently only IE and Firefox plugins are available with DLPE 9.3. DLPE 9.4 will have a chrome plugin allowing web post protection rules. DLPE 9.4 is currently in limited controlled release. If you require access to the controlled release of DLPE 9.4, please contact Intel Security Technical Support.

Hello Jhall,

Do you know when DLPE 9.4 will be available for production release?

Thanks

Hugh

McAfee Employee jhall2
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

DLPE 9.4.0 although is a production release but will remain as a limited controlled release and is not scheduled to be placed on the download site. The DLPE 9.4.1 is currently scheduled to release in Q4 which will be available via the download site.

bec3
Level 9
Message 5 of 7

version 10 is released and Chrome still not supported!!!

johnmoe
Level 11
Message 6 of 7

What makes you think Chrome isn't supported? I can find 10 mentions of Chrome in the Endpoint DLP 10.0 Product Guide, including the ability to specify which versions of Chrome you want to support in your environment.

Highlighted

Please, check the next article: KB88322

This is an expected behavior because every update of Google Chrome make changes around how they process their information through post method, and McAfee may not be able to release patches with the same frequency as Google does.

Regards,

Wilfredo

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator