cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
howardmp
Level 7

HDLP - email protection rule with Request Justification?

Hello all,

I have created an Email Protection Rule  Content Category rule which is set to Block, Notify, and Request Justification when a Content Category Rule with key words is matched. At the DLP Policy level I have set Device Control and Full Content Protection and enabled Outlook Add-ins.

When I upload a document that matches the Content Category rule or type matching content in the body of the email then click send, I receive the notification but I do not receive the justification prompt. (I have set up a similar Web Post Protection rule which does request justification when the Content Category rule is matched.

Is there anything which I may have misunderstood on this Email Protection rule or anything I need to check.

Many thanks

Hugh

0 Kudos
3 Replies
keithdrone
Level 10

Re: HDLP - email protection rule with Request Justification?

#1   Make sure that your 'User Notification Service' is turned on.

From Agent configuration, the following tabs

User Interface Service  >  Do you have 'Enable End-User Notification Popup' selected?

Miscillanious > Do you have 'User Interface Service' enabled?

Request Justification >  Do you have this enabled and configured?

#2   Have you rebooted since enforcing this policy?   It requires an agent restart to take effect on some of those settings.

0 Kudos
tonyw
Level 12

In order to use the request justification popup, the action must include "block".  Using only a monitor/notify user/store evidence action will result in the email being sent without request for justification.

0 Kudos
vimalnavis
Level 13

Are you testing the Email Protection Rule using a Web Browser or Microsoft Outlook/Lotus Notes?

0 Kudos