Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aurel
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

HDLP and CAD files

Hi everybody,

I'm currently testing DLP & EEFF solutions to secure our R&D files, which include CAD files (Dassault Catia).

I created a DLP policy with a few protection rules, such as e-mail and encryption. These policies target a tag which is manually applied for the moment.

My problem is, when I apply the tag on my CAD files, and then I modify and save these files, my tags are lost, and policies don't apply any longer.

I read KB53436 (https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53436) which explains that the minimum length of files is 350 characters. What about CAD files, whose content is not textual ?

Is my problem due to a bad setting ?

Software : Windows XP 32 & Windows 7 64 - CATIA v5 - HDLP 9.2.0.522 - EEFF 4.0.0.40 - McAfee Agent 4.6.0.1694

Thanks in advance.

Ce message a été modifié par: Aurel on 12/12/11 04:30:45 CST
3 Replies

Re: HDLP and CAD files

You need a tagging rule to tag the CAD files when they're saved.

Aurel
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thnaks for the reply.

For the moment, I can't set a tagging rule. But with manual tag, I should not need a tagging rule, my tags should stay on the files when they're saved, right ?

Ce message a été modifié par: Aurel on 22/12/11 01:51:09 CST

No.  Look at KB53436.  "This also applies to tag preservation. If a tagged file is opened and saved, the tag will be lost if the saved document has less than 350 characters."

If you don't have a tagging rule the tag will get removed.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community