Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

HDLP and CAD files

Hi everybody,

I'm currently testing DLP & EEFF solutions to secure our R&D files, which include CAD files (Dassault Catia).

I created a DLP policy with a few protection rules, such as e-mail and encryption. These policies target a tag which is manually applied for the moment.

My problem is, when I apply the tag on my CAD files, and then I modify and save these files, my tags are lost, and policies don't apply any longer.

I read KB53436 (https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53436) which explains that the minimum length of files is 350 characters. What about CAD files, whose content is not textual ?

Is my problem due to a bad setting ?

Software : Windows XP 32 & Windows 7 64 - CATIA v5 - HDLP 9.2.0.522 - EEFF 4.0.0.40 - McAfee Agent 4.6.0.1694

Thanks in advance.

Ce message a été modifié par: Aurel on 12/12/11 04:30:45 CST
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: HDLP and CAD files

You need a tagging rule to tag the CAD files when they're saved.

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thnaks for the reply.

For the moment, I can't set a tagging rule. But with manual tag, I should not need a tagging rule, my tags should stay on the files when they're saved, right ?

Ce message a été modifié par: Aurel on 22/12/11 01:51:09 CST
Highlighted

No.  Look at KB53436.  "This also applies to tag preservation. If a tagged file is opened and saved, the tag will be lost if the saved document has less than 350 characters."

If you don't have a tagging rule the tag will get removed.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community