cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Get information about attached file which was sent on web more than one month

Jump to solution

hi, i created web protection rule, but it does not show destination url, can you tell me why is this happening?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 22

Re: Get information about attached file which was sent on web more than one month

Jump to solution

Hi @Georgiancard ,

Thank you for writing in here.

Additional information section with respect to the web protection rules shows you the URL information to which the data the uploaded. 

In chrome, to get the URL information you would need to have the DLP chrome extensions present in your client machine chrome browser. 

Kindly make sure you have the below option enabled in your windows client configuration. If its not checked then DLP will not be able to collect the URL information and the Additional information section would be blank.

"Chrome web extension - for identifying address bar URL"

client config.PNG

Some organization group policies would block the chrome extensions from being loaded by the applications. Kindly make sure that there are no such restrictions to load the DLP chrome extensions in your chrome browser. If you have the DLP Chrome extensions in your browser you can verify the same as below,

chrome dlp extension.PNG

dlp extension.PNG

And if you are using Incognito mode then none of the extensions can be loaded in chrome incognito mode and you cannot see the URL information in this scenario as well.

So you can disable chrome incognito mode using the below settings,

new chrome.PNG

Kindly check and update us the results.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thank you

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
Highlighted

Jump to solution

thanks for reply, one more question i made this some time ago and print function from web was very slow because of this, how to resolve this issue?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 22

Jump to solution

HI @Georgiancard ,

You can try it now with DLP 111.3 or DLP 11.4 we dont have any print issues reported by enabling the DLP Endpoint Chrome extension.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
Highlighted

Jump to solution
ok i enabled this extension and also identifying url bar but it does not show again destination result is same, is it any any difference places, where i upload file?
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 22

Jump to solution

Hi @Georgiancard ,

1) Did you try to check if the extension is loaded in chrome as per my earlier advise?

2) Are you using Incognito mode in chrome?

3) What is the browser you are using and what is the URL you are uploading to?

Kindly share your browser screenshots as below.

dlp extension.PNGchrome dlp extension.PNG

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
Highlighted

Jump to solution

yes incognito mode was disabled a long time ago and we use chrome web browser and extensions is enabled. url is drive.google.com 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 22

Jump to solution

Hi @Georgiancard ,

Could you please share us the screenshots from client configuration policy applied to this machine?

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
Highlighted

Jump to solution

lets see

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 22

Jump to solution

Hi @Georgiancard ,

These settings should capture the URL information for the Incidents which you are triggering now, if you dont see the URL information at all even after applying these changes to the client machine then I advise you to raise a service request with McAfee Support for further troubleshooting.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community