Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Fixed Hard Drive rules do not apply for boot\system partition

We have created a monitor rule for fixed hard drives. one of our users has plugged a SATA Hard Drive from his old computer to his new computer, no alert was created on DLP Endpoint. I read the DLP 11.4 Product guide and it says: "Fixed hard drive rules do not protect the boot or system partition." My guess is that DLP Endpoint did not alert for this new HD because it has a System\Boot partition since it was the primary HD of an older computer. So first of all- does my conclusion make sense? and if so, then how can we monitor for such cases that someone connects a secondary HD with System\Boot partition?
1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Fixed Hard Drive rules do not apply for boot\system partition

@Omriil Thanks for choosing McAfee community portal

Please follow the instructions as available in this article: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90900

Hope this is useful.

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
If yes, click "Accept as Solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community