cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export DLP 9.3 Device Definitions to DLP 11

Hi,

Does anybody know how to export Device Definitions on DLP 9.3?, 

The issue is that i have around 5000 USB Serial Numbers defined on DLP 9.3, im migrating to New EPO, Endpoint and DLP 11.2; but i haven't found a way to export the information.

I have read the Migration Process and documentation from Mcafee to do this task "Migrate DLP 9.3 to 9.4, 10 or 11", and i have done a test. If you are migrating in the same server (box), well it "does" work, all the info migrated appear as a DLP Template wich you can use; the point on my case, is that i need to export the info to another (NEW) physical server and that procedure does not work for me, since you cannot export the newly info on the DLP templated migrated.

The new DLP's (10, 11) do have a new category that you can capture all serial numbers of USB's and DOES have a import/export button to use; for better convenience.

But as i said.. when you do use the procedure that Mcafee implies "DLP Policy conversion", the device definitions do migrate to a "template" on the new DLP, but even ther there is not an option to export, and since im migrating to a new server.. this does not work for me.

Any suggestions??

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor jacek
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Export DLP 9.3 Device Definitions to DLP 11

If your problem is no export button, you can export whole DLP 9.3 policy to HTML:
File -> Export Polity to HTML
Then try to copy/paste device serial numbers to excel, and create data in accepted format.

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion.. but it does not work..  it does give me the first 10 serial numbers  (on the html format), but thats it.

So, i'm still searching for a workaound..

Reliable Contributor jacek
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Strange. I have 20 device definitions, and they all are exported to HTML and I can copy all of them.
Which version of DLP extensions do you have - 9.3.600 or an older one? Maybe it is an issue?

Hi..

DLP Extension Version  9.3.600.5 

As i said.. the file html only gives me around 12 serials.. and then it displays  ".."   an thats it. 

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community