cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluded (or allowed) devices by device serial

We want to exclude a certain number of USB flash drives from our DLP policy. However when trying to find the serial number I can't see it in the lists under device details. What did I miss?

1 Reply
eplossl
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Excluded (or allowed) devices by device serial

It may be necessary to use the DLP Diag tool on the specific endpoint to retrieve data about the USB key connected. If you go into the DLP installation directory, there is a DLP Diag tool in there. If you open that tool (note, this will require a DLP Bypass key generated from ePO), there's a device tab that you can use to get details about any device connected to the system. I believe that, if you can't find the serial you need elsewhere, you can find it in that tool.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community