cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude CutePDF writer

Hi,

I have a need to exclude the CutePDF Writer from a Monitor Printing rule, however I have not been able to find a way to achieve that. I have tried to exclude all image printers and also tried to create a custom application definition, but the exclusion is not working and I have several unnecessary incidents being raised for it. Is there a way to get around this?

Many Thanks

3 Replies
McAfee Employee Mreaden
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Exclude CutePDF writer

Linuxxo,

In the Windows Client Configuration, you should be able to add the CutePDF Writer Process Name to Whitelisted Processes under the Printer Protection tab. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately that did not work either. The only process I can see associated to that application, is called CPWSave.exe, and the only functionality is to save a file as PDF. When I look at the incidents, the source application is never the actual CutePDF, but is likely to be an MS Office application or any others that allow the user to print.

McAfee Employee Mreaden
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

LInuxxo,

You may need to open an SR with Mcafee Support for detailed troubleshooting. 

Thanks

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community