I am just wondering if anyone may have come up with a way to more efficiently deal with email disclaimers. I have already applied the suggestion from an old post (link below), however it works only for a small number of emails and it keeps generating too many false positives a day as companies tend to use customised disclaimers. I have also added new keywords to a custom dictionary based on the same suggestion from the previous post, but the issue persist. I still want to flag emails that may be confidential and ignore disclaimers at the same time. Any ideas or suggestions on how it may be possible to achieve that?
In my opinion, to meet the requirement outlined here and also to avoid false positive issue, we need to troubleshoot the issue(Provided we have all the required details like policy backup, examples of false positive incidents and rest of the details). I would suggest to contact McAfee Technical Support.
I think this is quite a challenging issue since companies tend to use custom email disclaimers and it is almost impossible to cover them all. I know that you can whitelist the internal disclaimer texts, but you can't add every single one received by external companies. Now to make matters even worse, I have started coming across custom email disclaimers that use the keywords restricted and confidential.
I did come up with a regular expression that should have captured most of the email disclaimers using certain keywords based on the vicinity from each other, but unfortunately that did not work when implemented as definition on the DLP. My workaround for now, is to use custom classifications for the email body, subject line and attachments.