cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Email Protection & Application Protection Issue

Dear Team,

I just want to know that I am using Mozilla Thunderbird application like an email client I have to create a rule in DLP for email client in Application protection section .

Mozilla Thunderbird Evidence file is available which I upload but additional information not available.

please help on the same issue.

4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Email Protection & Application Protection Issue

@DeepakMIND Thank you for choosing McAfee Support Community.

I will try to reply how i understood your issue and request you to correct me if i am wrong

You are trying to block upload through Thunderbird application which is an email client but through AFAPR . From your explanation i could able understand your requirement is met however incident manager does not have enough additional information on the file captured.

I just want to keep you informed at very beginning that Thunder Bird is not a supported as per below article
https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/27000/PD27984/en_US/...

However AFAPR is a workaround for it but when you say additional information is not available i suspect this more likely to be with Incident manager as incident manager will display additional information with help of McAfee Agent so to have better understanding about the incident please share us DLPE Version & McAfee Agent Version and if possible please share Incident manager screenshot for analysis.

Please let me know if the issue is any different from my understanding!!

Was my reply helpful?If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos!

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards
Subramanian B
McAfee Employee
Highlighted

Re: Email Protection & Application Protection Issue

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I have done the same process which I have seen in this video which is shared By Mcafee.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Documents/Mac-OS-Web-Protection-using-Application-File-Access-Protec...

If you will check Aditional information is also not available in this video.

Highlighted

Email Protection For Credir Card

Dear Team,

I have created one policy for block credit card numbers under email protection & Web Protection.

I have done all the steps & use default Classification"PCI English" as a duplicate.

I am using MS office 2016 & Chrome version 80.0.3987.116, kindly help on the same .

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Re: Email Protection For Credir Card

Hi @DeepakMIND ,

Thank you for writing in here.

Mozilla Thunderbird application email client is not supported by DLP Endpoint, not supported means we have not tested the same. 

The other post which you have mentioned is for Application File Access protection rule in MAC,

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Documents/Mac-OS-Web-Protection-using-Application-File-Access-Protec...

Additional Information Section is usually for showing the email recipients in the Email Protection Rules and destination URL in the Web protection rules. 

Application File Access protection rule Incident will always not have Additional Information as per the design of product,

afap.PNG

Kindly use Outlook email client or kindly use DLP Prevent for Email to get the additional information in the DLP Incident Manager for Email protection Incidents.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community