Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
itguru
Level 8

EPO 5.1 and DLP 9.3.200.23 Not Working

I have an update to this issue.

When the systems have been migrated and DLP is missing from Manager features, I can go into the DLP Policy in EPO, and click apply again (So it icrements the policy version number). Then when the computers next check in the poliy is enforced and DLP appears in 'Managed Features.

Is this by design or a design fault, as there is no way to find out from a query which computers the policy is not enforced on??

Hi

I current have EPO 4.6 and DLP version 9.3.0.637 and all is working fine. (agent 4.8.0.887)

I have setup a new Windows Server 2012 Install with EPO 5.1 and DLP version 9.3.200.23 along with agent 4.8.0.1500

I have added the new server to the old one in registered servers, and I can carry out the 'Transfer Systems' option.

This part works; the computer is removed from v4.6, and on the workstation carrying out an 'update now' updates the McAfee Agent (and asks to reboot), and also applies teh latest Patch 4.

From the 'M' icon I can see that it has updated the DLP version and Agent version, but under Manage Features, DLP Endpoint Console is now MISSING. This also means that NO policies are enforced leaving security open.

Please can someone help?

I created the new default policies on install, then imported the policy from my old 4.6 server.

Please see attached screenshot for details.

Just to add, if i do a transfer back from New Server to OLD server, DLP Enpoint Console re-appears in the Manage Features menu option and pulls in the old policy from the original server!

Thanks

Message was edited by: itguru on 17/06/14 10:27:36 CDT

Message was edited by: itguru on 18/06/14 07:41:10 CDT
0 Kudos
6 Replies
vimalnavis
Level 13

Re: EPO 5.1 and DLP 9.3.200.23 Not Working

Run the DLP Policy Push task (in Server Tasks).

Before trying the 'apply to ePO' option, try waking up the agent from ePO using the force complete policy and task update,

0 Kudos
itguru
Level 8

I have enabled the DLP Policy push task and set to every 2 hours (as a site suggested), after 24 hours, DLP still doesnt appear in the 'manage features'

I have already tried the wakeup and enforce policy and task.

0 Kudos
bphang
Level 10

Did you enable Backward compatiblity with older version ?

0 Kudos
itguru
Level 8

Yes, I tried that even though both policies are 9.3

I am in process of reinstalling the full EPO 5,1 system and will manually copy settings over from old 4.6 server to 5.1 and see if that works.

0 Kudos
hon
Level 9

i have the same case but i just update dlp from 9.3.0 to 9.3.4 .Right now, still no way to fix. if you have a solution .could you please share it if it is possible

0 Kudos
sathish.l
Level 11

I guess duplicated DLP agent configuration policy was assigned on the client machine. Could you revert it to default DLP agent configuration policy ?

Once it is done, Enforce the policy on the client machine and check the status. If it shows DLP endpoint console then revert the policy to the older one.

I would request you to check with below KB article as well.

McAfee KnowledgeBase - DLP Endpoint Console does not display in the McAfee Agent menu

0 Kudos