cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable mark as NOT CLASSIFIED.

Jump to solution
Hello everyone As the title, i would like to disable mark as NOT CLASSIFIED on Manual classification. is that possible? BR.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jsubbura McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Re: Disable mark as NOT CLASSIFIED.

Jump to solution

Hi @User72311706 ,

Thank you for writing in here.

I think the purpose of Manual classification feature is misunderstood in here. 

Manual Classification is a feature which gives the user to manually classify a file as per the User's wish, so McAfee DLP provides the user, the privilege, to classify the file or not based on their interest to classify the file depending upon the data in the file.

You are asking to disable the Radio button option "The File does not contain sensitive information - mark as NOT CLASSIFIED". If you want to disable this option, then user would be left out with only option to select the classifications. In this case, the can simply cancel the manual classification operation and simply send the file over email or to USB as per their requirement.

There is no option in DLP to disable this Radio button as it is as per the product design and functioning properly. You would need to raise a Product Enhancement Request for any change in the product design.

If you want the users to classify the files at any cost, then we advise you to use the automatic classification feature which reads the contents in the files and then classifies the file as classified if classification criteria is met. 

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thank you

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sbalamur McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

@User72311706 Thank you choosing McAfee Support Community .

You can disable end user to manually classify the file by disabling "Force end user to classify the file if the file was never classified before". 

classification 2.PNG

Was my reply helpful?If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos!

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards
Subramanian B
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Dear @sbalamur  thanks for your reply.

Kindly note that i mean the radio button on manual classification.

Check the attached picture InkedCapture_LI.jpg 

jsubbura McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @User72311706 ,

Thank you for writing in here.

I think the purpose of Manual classification feature is misunderstood in here. 

Manual Classification is a feature which gives the user to manually classify a file as per the User's wish, so McAfee DLP provides the user, the privilege, to classify the file or not based on their interest to classify the file depending upon the data in the file.

You are asking to disable the Radio button option "The File does not contain sensitive information - mark as NOT CLASSIFIED". If you want to disable this option, then user would be left out with only option to select the classifications. In this case, the can simply cancel the manual classification operation and simply send the file over email or to USB as per their requirement.

There is no option in DLP to disable this Radio button as it is as per the product design and functioning properly. You would need to raise a Product Enhancement Request for any change in the product design.

If you want the users to classify the files at any cost, then we advise you to use the automatic classification feature which reads the contents in the files and then classifies the file as classified if classification criteria is met. 

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thank you

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community