Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Device Control Alert says its blocked but its not

Hi

has anyone come across a scenario (with ipod or vodafone 3g card) that you add all the VID, PID and the device works but DLP says its blocked?

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Device Control Alert says its blocked but its not

Which version of DLP?

What is the end result - you are able to browse the FS or only you can see the device in device manager but can't browse file system?

What's your device rule?

Can you attached the exact log you are getting for block event?

- Amiya

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

dlp 9.

end result is I can sync with itunes and see the files etc.  today I had a similar thing with a vodafone 3 g card.  the 3 g card is weird as it shows up as a cdrom device and usb storage and you can also have an sd card in it.  do you usually have to allow all of these things for it to work?  I have it working but again I get a blocked message and I can still use it.  Maybe the blocked messages are to do with other functions on the devices?  i dont have the messages to hand

Highlighted

Did you create your device rule with plug-n-play type or removable storage? You should ideally go for removable storage device rule.

- Amiya

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 7

its a removable storage rule

Highlighted

Try deleting the rule and recreate one more time.

Use only PID/VID, bus type, file type in the device definiton. Let's see if that works!

- Amiya

Highlighted

Hello,
With the rule for "storage devices", only block the acces / recording from Windows.
But DLP can not block the recording from the device's own software (Nokia PcSuite, Itunes, etc..) Can not block it, as it uses a virtual USB port.

Need to block ports COM / LPT (but this is more problematic)

Regards

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community