cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying a DLP Policy

Jump to solution

Hello

I am working on ePO 5.10, in DLP 11.4. I am in the Policy Assignment  tab and I notice two things:

1. The date for the Last Applied is 27 Apr 2020 ( how do I change this. I have updated since then)

2. Pending Changes shows Yes

How do force the changes? Or where do I change when the changes are made?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Deploying a DLP Policy

Jump to solution

Hi @skeating ,

Thank you for writing in here.

Whenever you make a change to a rule, rule-set associated with the policy or when you modify any classifications or Definitions, or create any new classifications or definitions then you would see pending changes in for the policy in the DLP Policy Manager.

In this video, i have showed an example as of when you would see pending changes as Yes and what to do to make it No,

[video]

Only if these pending changes are applied, only then the modifications made within the policy would take effect on the client machines.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee

View solution in original post

5 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @skeating ,

Thank you for writing in here.

Whenever you make a change to a rule, rule-set associated with the policy or when you modify any classifications or Definitions, or create any new classifications or definitions then you would see pending changes in for the policy in the DLP Policy Manager.

In this video, i have showed an example as of when you would see pending changes as Yes and what to do to make it No,

[video]

Only if these pending changes are applied, only then the modifications made within the policy would take effect on the client machines.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information. My screen was expanded so far that I could not see the Action button.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @skeating ,

I get it 🙂 

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

We have more than 1 ePO admin.  Is there a way to tell what the Pending Changes are (list somewhere)--prior to applying them?

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @jordan23 ,

You can check the audit logs to see which user modified which rule set and which policy got the state pending changes.

user.PNG

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community