cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Loss Prevention Policies not applicable

Hi,

when I change something in the Policy Manager (e.g. add a new serial number under Definitions), I can't apply the policy because the change doesn't seem to be noticed (its showing "Pending Changes: No"). I can work around this problem by activating the policy in the system tree and then applying it. Does anyone know about the problem? Maybe something went wrong with the last upgrade?

ePO Build: ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 (Build 2428)
Update Installed: Update 5 (2.0.0.751)
Data Loss Prevention 11.4.0.17 / 11.4.0 452

3 Replies
cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Data Loss Prevention Policies not applicable

Thank you for this information. Can you be more specific about applying a policy or where you are trying to update the policy set?   Also, could send me screen shots of what you are seeing? This would help a great deal with what or where the issue may be occurring.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

01.png

After saving switching to Policy Assignment

02.png

Changes not recognized... Trying on click on "Actions - Apply Selected Policies" shows "No policies to apply. All policies are up to date". So switchting to...

04.png

Some more clicks...

05.png

After clicking on "Activate Rule Set" this Button gets active:

06.png

Now the new policies are being deployed...

ZGreen
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

I had this issue on both my ePOs after migrating from 5.3 to 5.10. I was also unable to select this policy when trying to create a bypass key for a user. The only policy that would appear as an option was the Default Policy. I had to build the policy over which didn't take long because the one I have is fairly small.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community