cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Loss Prevention Endpoint With USB device

hi i have problem with USB device , the name of the device is "Ezio Shield PinPad" . The device of the company "Gemalto". When i installed the driver and the "DLP" install on the computer , Something very strange is happening on the computer , it's begin with black screen , all the device in the computer no Recognized , when i do a reset the computer got stuck on "shutting down". only force reset from the button help , All this and more things happen on the computer. Another thing , when i unplug the device from the usb , the "device manger" doesn't refresh ,and i see the device like connected. Everything I wrote here does not happen when i uninstall the "DLP" after this Everything is fine. DLP ver 9.3.300.31 Operating System : windows 7 ent 64bit sp1
1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee DLP_RS
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Data Loss Prevention Endpoint With USB device

Please note that DLP 9.3.x is already EOL\EOS for quite sometime now. Even if any fix has to be worked out, it will be on Supported Versions DLP 11.x Or DLP 10.x

Now coming back to the issue reported, I would check couple of details.

1.Are there any Plug and Play rule configured with Block Reaction?

2. Any errors in Eventviewer Or DLP logs?

3. What happens if we configure Device rules with Monitor reaction?

I would suggest to log a service request with McAfee Technical Support with required MER logs(Debug enabled) to further troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator