cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DLPE Rule for PS/2 Mice and Keyboards

Jump to solution

Hello guys, I am trying to collect information, device instance paths of ps/2 mice and keyboards, from PCs' with a dlpe rule. But, until now, I was unsuccessful. Has anyone had any experience before? Could you please give me some tips and advices? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DLPE Rule for PS/2 Mice and Keyboards

Jump to solution

I was trying to get an asset list of ps/2 mice and keyboards. Anyway, I have blocked usb keyboards and mice except customer's vid/pid list. And, I have excluded all the ps/2 mice and keyboards.

2 Replies
McAfee Employee hhoang
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

We could probably get DLP to report/trigger on these devices but I honestly don't see any good coming from this scenario.  They should be detected as human interface devices (HID) - DLP whitelists those to avoid issues with preventing users from being able to interact with the system etc.   What are you trying to accomplish with having DLP track these ps/2 devices?

Jump to solution

I was trying to get an asset list of ps/2 mice and keyboards. Anyway, I have blocked usb keyboards and mice except customer's vid/pid list. And, I have excluded all the ps/2 mice and keyboards.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community