cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLP upgrade from 9.3.5 to 11.0.300

Hi, 

We've almost completed the company role out of this however I've encountered a few machines where I find this error (ultimately by attempting the upgrade manually) "Error: Failed loading DLPSecurityService.dll" which is logged as a known issue here 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85390

Unfortunate after I logged a case with McAfee (4-19005544421)  (Enterprise support I add) the engineer passed this off as a problem with the Windows Installer (v5 in our case, Win7 Sp1) as per KB85390 despite my argument that other things install without a problem.  I can't leave this as it is as and I need to resolve it. 

That said, this morning I was able to figure out what the issue is.  The error  "Error: Failed loading DLPSecurityService.dll" relates to the uninstall portion of the upgrade process.  Turns out the Windows Installer is just fine - nothing at all to do with it.  The trick is to run a uninstall command at the CMD (i wrote a quick uninstall bat file with the command "
MsiExec.exe /X{CAD751DE-47EB-4193-ADDF-F3D9FC23A9CE} /qb /l*v "C:\temp\DLPUninstall.log"

Review the log and look for the database msi file, find it in C:\Windows\Installer and execute it.  You'll be prompted to reboot so I proceeded to do this.  After a reboot I was able to them perform the upgrade without error.

OK, now for anyone who runs into this issue, the above is the "manual" fix.  Don't let support tell you its the Windows Installer - its BS, at least this my case.

MY question is, how can I do this via the Client Task Run Now.  I know there's a command option but no idea what command I need.  I don't have the time to venture around all the failed machines. 

McAfee, I'm pointing directly to you here - please review my original case and put up a KB on it on what I found was the solution.  

Regards,

Marc

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community