Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ND1
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

DLP upgrade and policy/rules import query

Hi all,   In this instance client wants to consolidate 5  different instances of DLP (from difference geographic regions etc) into one DLP instance. 

Idea is to import policies/rules/config from all source DLP instances.   What is unclear to me is - If I start with import from 1st source DLP -  What will happen after subsequent imports from 2nd DLP instance and the 3rd one and so on.  Are the rules/configs/policies merged or overwritten.    Secondly, Is this even a recommended or should we look to manually configure everything on New DLP system.

3 Replies
DLP_RS
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: DLP upgrade and policy/rules import query

If we restore DLP policies, it will overwrite the older one with new set of DLP policy backup. Hence the old policies will not be effective.

So the final result will be the last restored policy.

I would suggest to create User Group based policies Or Based on System Groups in ePO System Tree and assign the DLP policies accordingly.

For example suppose we have systems synched using AD synchronization as 'Asia group'. Now you can create a Policy like 'DLP Asia' and then create Rulesets as per the requirement.

ND1
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Hi, Thank you for your response.  I have not fully understood the solution.  What will be the benefit of User group based policies? Are you able to point me to any documentation or a case study so that I can try and understand it.  

Also, I do not have access to these souce DLP systems at this stage so I am not entirely sure how they are set up currently.  I will try to investigate it at an earliest opportunity. 

DLP_RS
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

The advantage of User Group based policy is that these policies and rulesets\rules will only be enforced on these user located in different places.

Now we can directly import these Users from Active directory instead of manually creating or adding the users.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community