cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLP rule for external recipients

I want to create an email protection rule in DLP 11.2 to flag emails to external email addresses. If I create an exception for internal emails and flag everything else then users can bypass this rule by also including internal recipient (in to, cc or bcc fields) as well as an external recipient. How can I get rule to trigger if external recipient is included in any fields (regardless if internal email address is also included)?
2 Replies
McAfee Employee DLP_RS
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: DLP rule for external recipients

Not sure, if you are still looking for a solution. However, existing DLP Rules should be able to achieve it. Is about Email Protection rule or a Web Post protection rule? We can create List of Email addresses based on Sender and Recipients. If you can share some more details, probably screenshots and Incidents, then it will help in understanding your requirement in a better way.

Re: DLP rule for external recipients

It's an email protection rule. I am interested in recipients. I want to flag emails which are sent to an external email address. eg. bob@mcafee.com

If the email address is internal eg. alice@mycompany.com then it should not be flagged by DLP unless it is also being sent to external email address. eg. if alice@mycompany.com is in "To" field and bob@mcafee.com is in "Bcc" field then this should be flagged.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community