I have some questions about the release code feature of HDLP.
1- How can I generate a release code for a user to override that ?
2-Is the release code is one for all or time based -available to unlock all releases for 5 minutes- or per case ?
3-Is there any feature where the DLP administrator can't create a release code for himself ?
4-Is there anyway where the administrator can view the action that need to be overriden before give the user the release code ?
1) open the DLP Policy. In the menu-bar under "tools" you will find to create a releascode.
2) the release-code is generated via "challenge-response". It is only valid for the requesting client.
Please take attention that the release code will completely bypass the DLP Agent for the defined time.
3) no. the DLP admin can create a release code for himself. but it will be reported to the log, as normal.
4) you can configure in the dlp policy if you want to inform a user, when a device is blocked. in this message the user has the option to "request" the release-code.
@untouchable Thank you for choosing McAfee Support Community
DLP Product uninstallation is protected from being uninstalled locally by third-party products by design. However, with the help of your ePO administrator, you can do it.
1. To uninstall the product locally Navigate to C:\Program Files\McAfee\DLP\Agent\Tools\hdlpDiag.exe
2. Copy the Identification Code.
3. In McAfee ePO, select Menu | Data Protection | DLP Help Desk.
i. Select a key type as Uninstall Key.
ii. Fill in the required (and optional) fields. Paste identification copied from the local machine.
iii. Filling in all required fields activates the Generate Key button.
4 Generate the release code and send it to the user for uninstallation.
For Windows Upgrade: on bulk machine, you can disable this prompt from Windows Client Configuration Policy as per the below screenshot.
Once the upgrade is done roll back the changes to avoid security breach.
Let me know if this helps 🙂 Happy to assist you with further queries regards to DLP .