cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLP on DELL Computers.

I'm having problems with Dell computers after DLP installation. After DLP (only Device Control, actually) is installed, I can verify that it is working (correct revision ID, blocking pen drives). Even when I reboot or shutdown there is no problem. After a while (and some reboots/shutdowns) when I try to reboot/shutdown again the system hangs at startup. I can only see the first Dell image prior to BIOS and the loading animation. It will stay that way indefinitely.

This already happened on Dell Computers models 34xx and when it happens the first time, every new reboot will cause the same issue. Booting in safe mode works. When DLP is removed the system startup occurs without any problems. 

Windows 10 version 1903 with DLP version 11.3.2.82.

Is this a known issue? 

Thanks.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee Mreaden
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: DLP on DELL Computers.

RGORSKI,

There are no known issues that I am aware of that demonstrates the issues you are seeing in DLP version 11.3.2.82. However, prior to the release of DLP 11.3.2.82, there were a couple of vulnerabilities identified that could cause blue screens to the endpoint. See  SB10295 for more details. 

According to KB68147, Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit) Version 1903 (May 2019 Update) is compatible and supported with DLP 11.2 or later. 

Please contact support and open an SR to troubleshoot the issue with more detail. 

Thanks

Highlighted

Mreaden,

I did several tests and a working solution that is working on some notebooks is the installation of DLP 11.2 (reboot) and then DLP 11.3 (reboot), over the previous version. I will continue the tests and any news comment here in the topic.

tela_dlp.png

Right side screen show HDLPEVNT.SYS and HDLPCTRL.SYS in looping and not loaded, preventing Windows 10 starting correctly. 

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community