cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sabelo
Level 7

DLP issues - block USB ports

Hi Guys,

In my organization we have deactivated the DLP policies from the Mcafee ePO but the users are still complaining about their USB ports being blocked.

The thing is, we cannot remove the DLP from the McAfee ePO as this would affect other users overseas.It prompts me for DLP administrator's password of which i don't have.

Initially, we deployed DLP in my organization but it caused some issues and we decided not enforce DLP policies but my greatest frustration is that few users are still experiencing this issue.

Can anyone out there advise on this issue?

Is it possible to remove DLP from the users workstations?

Thank you in advance

Message was edited by: sabelo on 5/21/14 7:16:42 AM CDT
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Hayton
Level 17

Re: DLP issues - block USB ports

This looks product-specific so probably doesn't belong in Security Awareness. I don't know if it's an ePO issue or a DLP one, so for now I've moved it to Business / Data Protection / DLP.

0 Kudos
bphang
Level 10

You can do 3 things there.

1. Deactive the Device Control rules that block USB port.

2. Add that specific user to the User assignment group but put the user under Exclude

3. Re set the DLP administrator password inside DLP Policy console with a new one and under Agent Configuration - Miscellaneous [iirc] , disable the Uninstall Challenge password

0 Kudos
ays
Level 7

İf your rules are true, you should write new rules and disable the ancient rules.

Or you can disable usb block rule.

Of course you can uninstall program or bypass agent,too. You must create a key from help menu, user take this code and generate a code from its console. And the end you take that code and uninstall the program. For bypass, you can do the same things..

0 Kudos
sabelo
Level 7

Thanks everyone,

Remember the usb block rule must remain enabled from the users offshore. Don't you think that by disabling the usb block rule locally would affect the users who are offshore?

0 Kudos
ays
Level 7

sorry....i couldn't understand what did you want to say

0 Kudos
sabelo
Level 7

Hi Guys,

I tried to run client task and remove DLP  on my desktop machine but the result that i got was a failed status.

Can you please advise on this issue. Is there something i should have done?

What does this actually mean? Please see the link below.

Systems  System Tree        Running Client Task Status      Running Task: McAfee Agent > Product Dep...

Message was edited by: sabelo on 5/27/14 4:29:24 AM CDT

Message was edited by: sabelo on 5/27/14 4:30:00 AM CDT
0 Kudos
ninjaneer68
Level 10

The link doesn't bring anything up.

Are you trying to say you have assigned a task from the ePO to your workstation and the DLP unistall task is failling ? You will want to get into the logs and see why its failing. Did you look into Windows/temp/mcafee folder and view the agent logs there ?

0 Kudos