Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haran92
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

DLP for Legacy system

HI McAfee experts,

I know I sound Outdated for Asking DLP comparability on XP systems. But my environment needs it. Currently We are running with DLP 9.3 patch 3 in WIN 7 systems and very few XP systems. We need to upgrade DLP to 9.4 patch 2 ( ultimate aim is to upgrade ePO to 5.3.2 in which DLP 9.4 patch 2 is only minimum compatible based on KBs). 

So what is going to be the minimum version of DLP compatible for WIN XP systems. ?

What is the minimum Compatible version of DLP for ePO 5.3.2 ?

What is going to be the upgrade path for DLP clients from 9.3 patch 3 ?

is two DLP possible in single ePO 5.3.2 ? one for legacy systems and upgraded one for other WIN clients. ?

I went through many DLP release notes and KBs, but could not get any confirmation. So i believe experts can give me exact solution to my confusion with their experience. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Haran Kumar M

1 Reply
jhall2
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: DLP for Legacy system

DLPE 9.4 is not compatible with Windows XP:

PD26064 - DLPE 9.4 Release Notes

You can however run the DLPE 9.3 and DLPE 9.4 / 10 extensions side by side. The policies and incidents will not be unified but it will give you the ability to protect the XP systems until a time they can be decommissioned.

The DLPE 9.3 Patch 6 release notes (PD26323) do mention Windows XP as compatible with that version so I assume it should function. I stopped testing with WinXP in 2014 so I cannot confirm myself. (Note: McAfee Technical Support no longer provides support for Windows XP)

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community