Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

DLP and connectivity VPN detection

Hi,

I'm trying to set vpn connectivity in my windows configuration client strategy. I put the IP address of the VPN gateway but when I open the vpn tunnel, DLP seems to not detect the IP of the VPN gateway. I don't understand how DLP works about this parameter

How  does DLP checks on the windows 10 client the VPN connectivity ? In the route table ? Inside all IP configuration parameters on the W10 client ?...

I'm using DLP 11.1

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: DLP and connectivity VPN detection

RegisL,

The agent periodically queries the DNS for the ePO IP using the domain/user that is used for Windows login. By default, the agent tries to connect to the ePO every 30 seconds.
Therefore when connecting to the corporate network from a public network (for example Starbucks wireless) using VPN, the agent finds the ePO and works as Online.
In some cases the Domain to which the VPN connects and the user credentials used by the end-user for the current login session are different.
In such a case the Agent is not able to connect to the ePO and works in Offline mode.

Thanks,

Mreaden

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful kindly give it a kudos!

Also, please  don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

I'm sorry but you don't answer my problem.

If I specify an IP address and port for VPN connectivity that DLP detect even if ePO server is reachable from VPN, DLP is in vpn connectivity. I have already a strategy for external nomadism and it's working fine.

I am in the case the IP address of the VPN gateway is not detected by DLP in a specific configuration (Internal WIFI + VPN). So why the IP address of the gateway is not seen by DLP ?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Hi @RegisL ,

Thank you for writing in here. 

Could you please elaborate the issue in detail with possible screenshots, so that we would be able to help you on the same with better understanding.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community