cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLP UNC Path Question

Jump to solution

I am starting a DLP implementation and was wondering how deep the UNC path can go. I am trying to set a path \\servername\share\share\share\_share (has spaces)\. 

I am able to get a successful connection using \\server\share\share\share. Once I add one more folder, I get a failed test connection.

I am running ePO 5.9.1 and DLP 11.2. 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: DLP UNC Path Question

Jump to solution

Sorry for the delay in response. I am planning on adding a volume to the ePO server and will follow the product guide. Thank you for your reply

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Are you referring the evidence path .  if yes there is KB article how to setup UNC path. 

I believe you keep going the UNC path , but there is procedure to share the file directory through advance settings. I never tried but it should work if you follow the sharing instruction.

You can find the documentation on "McAfee Data Loss Prevention Endpoint 11.1.X Installation Guide" page 27. 

Please let me know if that works. 

Thanks

-VP

Jump to solution

Sorry for the delayed response, 

I did test placing a folder on the ePO server and was able to successfully test connectivity. I will add a volume for DLP and follow the product guide. Thank you for your quick response.

Jump to solution

Hi,

if you are configuring DLP evidence share(UNC) on a server other than ePO server, then follow below article...

https://kb.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB83365

if evidence share (UNC) configuring in ePO server, Kindly follow product guide & raise a case with support if issue persist...

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Sorry for the delay in response. I am planning on adding a volume to the ePO server and will follow the product guide. Thank you for your reply

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community