cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLP Preventing drivers from loading on integrated device.

I have installed DLP on a device with an integrated CD/DVD-ROM drive. I have enabled the support portal, so my users can contact me and we can arrange DLP suspension/exception based on their need. When testing, however, the drivers were not correctly loading from the integrated drive (this issue is new), and the only way to get them to do so correctly is to restart the machine with DLP deactivated entirely. What should I do, here? What am I doing wrong? Obviously, I can't just have my user restart their machine, as doing so invalidates the unlock key, and the machine would power on with DLP enabled in any case, thus causing the PC to not recognize the DVD drive.

3 Replies
nyeshoda
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: DLP Preventing drivers from loading on integrated device.

There might be possibility that DLP Device Driver is not letting it to load. Please get the device class for the integrated drive and add it into "Device Class" definition Under "Definitions" tab in DLP policy page.

DLP.JPG

Akdag
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

i have the same problem, since the Upgrade to Windows10 -1909.  The device ID is already in the device class. This is a CD/DVD device ID. The problem occurs only with the model "HP WS Z240 i5-6500".

When  i uninstall DLP through the ePO, the device has no problems and the drivers load normally.

Juxtor
Level 8
Message 4 of 4

I am having a similar issue. Several Win 10 Machines have recently begun not recognizing drives. After removing the drives from Windows Device Manager and rebooting, the drives reinstall and are correctly monitored/Read-only by DLP.

Additionally, the drives fail burn attempts even in bypass mode.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community