cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLP - Not Receiving Notification Messages

I am running DLP 10.0 on ePO 5.3.  We have DLP to block all removable media and CD/DVD drives, using the default McAfee options.  It works, testing with a CD will return an access denied, but it will not show the notification messages (that display for a couple seconds) in the bottom right, in the endpoint DLP section, nor in ePO.  I was given a "fix" from a vendor to go in Device Manager and disable/enable the CD/DVD drive.  When I do this, I get an immediate notification messages - in all three places.  If I attempt to access the CD again, remove it and put in another one, there's no notification message.  Each time I disable/enable the CD/DVD drive, notification messages appear.  This is not a reliable method to log people that may be attempting to access the drives, it prevents them, but it doesn't tell me that they attempted it.

If I plug in a USB, I'll get an immediate notification message in all three locations.

Has anyone had issues with this?  Have any ideas? 

Kelly

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.