cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FA1
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

DLP - How to block Removable Media that is using the SCSI bus (Windows)

This is related to my earlier post regarding the blocking of Thunderbolt devices, which is currently (11.6) not supported. However, looking at the properties reported for a sample device, I was wondering whether it would be possible to use the DLP-visible properties "Device Type" and "Bus Type".

This is what is reported by the diagtool.

Device Type: Removable Media
Device Description: Disk drive
Volume: E:
Volume Label: ROCKET-XTRM
Volume Serial Number: xxxxxxxx
File System Type: EXFAT
Writable: Yes
Device Instance ID: SCSI\Disk&Ven_NVMe&Prod_Sabrent_Rocket-X\9&19db3796&0&000000
Bus Type: SCSI
Vendor ID: 0
Device ID: 0
USB Device Serial: 9&1xdbx33496&0&xxxxx
USB Class: 0

What we would liek to at least try is to tell DLP to block all devices that bear both of the below properties:

• Device Type: Removable Media
  • Bus Type: SCSI

Unfortunately, I have been unable to find a way to specify the Device Type value in a device template.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community